Sunday, November 11, 2007

Week In Review


Amazing Race
The teams are in Holland doing a sport called ditch vaulting. Nothing maks me smile more than skinny blond bitches trying something and failing miserably. Especially when failing means they end up covered in mud. Thank you for making my Sunday AR.

***SPOILER ALERT***
I miss Kate & Pat already. One thing I noticed tonight. Doesn't Pat look a little like Dr. Harry Weston (Richard Mulligan) from Empty Nest? They could be brother and sister.

Christmas Specials
The classic cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas was on TBS twice this weekend. Some may say it's too early. I say these things can't start soon enough. My favorite special is The Little Drummer Boy. Who knew a crappy song on a snare was better than gold or myrrh. Not at the top of my wishlist. If you're looking for an exhaustive list of when all of these things are coming on, especially on ABC Family, then peep this. I just made your day.

Dr. Donda West
Kanye's mom unexpectedly passed away yesterday. She has nothing to do with TV, but I have an inkling she was a classy lady. In this interview on WGN, she discusses her book, Raising Kanye, and her parenting style. The best part? You can tell she secretly hates those ignorant, annoying anchors. She was brilliant English scholar and she raised a musical genius. It's a true tragedy.

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Nothing much to say except it's been really funny this season. I like that Larry and Cheryl are separated. I appreciate it when art imitates life. Plus, with how annoying he is on the show, it's amazing she never left him earlier. And Vivica A. Fox is superb as the matriarch of the Black family. I never saw her as a comedian, but I am not too proud to admit I was wrong.

0 comments: