Friday, November 23, 2007

TGIBF: Thank Goodness It's Black Friday

Black Friday means a few things in my house: Turkey and cranberry sandwiches, the one and only day my mother sleeps in and my earliest wake-up call of the year.

My brother and I left the house at 3:45 this morning in pursuit of TV on DVD. Between the two of us we purchased Season 2 of House, a couple copies of Weeds Season 2, Sopranos Season Six Part 2, West Wing, and Six Feet Under...the entire series.

For a TV fan, Black Friday is my birthday, Christmas, and New Years combined. If you missed it this year, your next best bet is Memorial Day weekend. Big Box retailers like to unload a lot right at summertime. Labor Day isn't bad either, but the sales are mostly CDs. If all else fails, you can always go the Amazon route.

0 comments: