Friday, November 2, 2007

Philly Hasn't Looked This Cool Since Fresh Prince!


It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is one of my new favorite shows. To be honest, when it premiered a few years back, I thought it was just okay. Nothing too special about scruffy 20-somethings running a dive bar. In fact, I enjoyed its lead-in a lot more. (Anyone remember Starved? The comedy about adults with eating disorders. It was a lot funnier than it sounds.)


Anyway, I watched the first season of Sunny and then gave it thr brush off once I disocvered it beat out Starved. (I've gotten really good at holding TV grudges.) In fact, I only picked up the show again on a whim. This whim just happened to be my jillionth Thursday in a row hanging around my apartment doing nothing. My options were go to bed early or start thumbing through the channels. Sunny it is.


The third season of the show has yet to disappoint. I like when shows can push the envelope, and not really realize it. I feel like the writer's room for that show doesn't even get how reprehensible some of these things are. It's basically like letting a frat-pack loving 19-year-old have his own show...except he's funny.


It's one of those shows that will never be mainstream enough to win Emmys, but the whole academy probably has it DVRed. If you're not watching it or if you don't like it, you're either too old to stay up that late or you're super lame.


I guess the inmaturity is rubbing off.

0 comments: