Saturday, October 6, 2007

Week In Review


A few of the highlights from this week in TV...basically things I forgot to mention or didn't have time for.

-Pushing Daisies was superb. It was bold, romantic and very funny. Ned's (Lee Pace, pictured with Anna Friel) sincerity is so refreshing. I had forgotten how many conniving, vindictive and genuinely annoying people there were on television. Ned and the rest of his cast of quirky characters reminded me that I shouldn't lower my expectations.

-Degrassi premiered last night on "The N," Nickelodeon's solution to teenagers. This Canadian teen drama is in its 7th season and last night's episode featured teen drinking, a blind date, threats of violence via podcast, a visit to a graveyard and oh yeah, a stranger rape. These kids are seniors in high school. More happened to them in 55 minutes than my entire 4 years at JMM. The show's tagline " It Goes There," has never been more true.

-Prison Break is off to a good start. If you're not into it now, it may be too late. DVD it...pronto.

That's all for now. Next week should be sweet with new shows on MTV and Discovery Health. Hot!

0 comments: