Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm Just Catching Up: Weeds


I don't have Showtime, but thanks to an extended stay at Chateau Mom & Dad's, I've been catching up on my favorites.

Season 3 of Weeds is off to a refreshing start. Nancy and company were in quite a jumble at the end of season 2. Unlike "24" she spent upwards of two episodes trying to get out of the quagmire. For those of you who missed the beginning of 24 this season, we didn't get a chance to see just how Jack survived the slow boat to China. I like it when season premiere's take place two seconds after the season finale ends. It's like they never left.

My only beef with Weeds is that Nancy is never just okay. I know that might make for boring television, but it would also humanize her and make her seem realistic. The show is taking on an out of this world quality. It needs to settle down before it becomes Pushing Daisies.

I am one episode into Dexter as well. So far, all I can confirm is that Michael C. Hall's voice is devastatingtly hansome.

0 comments: