Thursday, October 11, 2007

3 Things About Private Practice

3 Reasons I'm Starting to Like Private Practice:

  1. Grown-Up Drama. No more he-said/she-said. No more "I love you even though I'm married." The people seem real. Their problems aren't pathetic.
  2. Interesting Medical Stories. The medical aspect of the show isn't forgotten. I appreciate the time and care the writers room is taking to think of maladies that are out of the ordinary but not too far-fetched.
  3. Solid Acting. I know my love for Paul Kellerman (Prison Break) is no secret, but he is not alone in the "pretty good actor" category on this show. Tim Daly (Wings) was pretty convincing in his role as the angst-ridden widower tonight. (How's that for grown up drama?)
The more I watch it, the better it gets. My fear? It will betray me like Greys did. I don't want to compare the two because it's like dating siblings and constantly bringing up the other one. However, if you're brother's a jerk, then chances are, you've got a little in you as well.

I'm going to give this show a chance. But the second it starts to turn on me, I will cut it out of my line-up faster than you can say Lost.

0 comments: