Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Love Wisconsin


I am traveling back to my homeland tomorrow. Sweet Home Wisconsin.

In anticipation of my arrival and to celebrate the Badgers total domination of NIU today, I am blogging about my favorite shows which took place in the Dairy State. There are more than you'd think.

  • Step By Step : It's not critically acclaimed...in fact, it's hard to sit through more than one episode. But that opening sequence with the roller coaster almost made Port Washington look cool.
  • Laverne & Shirley: Before my time, but always funny. That Squiggy was outrageous. If only Shirley never married the doctor. Wishful thinking.

  • Happy Days: My first TV character crush was Potsie Weber. (I'm pretty sure I turned in my "Rights to Blackness" with that one.) Regardless, Potsie, Ralph Malph and Richie had so many awesome misadventures. Things really started heating up when they started trekking to Madison.
  • A Minute With Stan Hooper: Did anyone else watch this show? It was classic Norm MacDonald, (dry, sarcastic, etc). His character Stan moved in to a small wacky fictional town in Wisconsin. Funnier than it looked. Too bad it didn't last.
You may notice a glaring omission from the list. I flippin' hate That 70's Show. Not everyone in Wisconsin is a hippie stoner...just Dane County.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about "Discover Wisconsin?" ;)