Sunday, December 2, 2007

The-N Moves Out

The N, (Nickelodeon for teenagers) is getting it's own channel. I imagine the conversation between The N and its parent channel, Noggin went something like this:

Noggin: You have got to stop showing teens doing drugs, getting drunk, having sex with each other, failing classes, and causing a ruckus.
The N: Shut up! You can't tell me what to do.
Noggin: As long as you take up 10 hours of programming on my channel, you will do what I say.
The N: Well then maybe I'll just start my own channel then!
Noggin: Fine!
The N: Fine!

And scene.

Confused? Nickelodeon wanted an educational channel for pre-school kids. Enter Noggin. The N is the primetime and late night programming block on Noggin (think Adult Swim on Cartoon Network) It is home to South of Nowhere, About A Girl, and re-runs of Fresh Prince, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, etc. Probably due to the popularity of Canadian mega-show Degrassi, The-N is stretching their legs and getting their own network.

Still confused? Watch this handy promo. If this doesn't get you excited for teen drama 24/7, I don't know what will. I can almost feel the adolescent angst and depression already.

0 comments: