Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not So Golden Globes


Things People Care About More Than The Golden Globes This Year:

  • What's for dinner
  • American Gladiators
  • The SAG Awards
  • Their children
  • Global Warming
The last two may be a stretch, but you get my point. The Golden Globes are going to be truly lackluster this year. No red carpet. No drunk celebrities. No worst dressed list or awkward acceptance speeches. 
So I guess I'll try to turn lemons into lemonade:
One light at the end of the tunnel?  Kathy Griffin is helping out Matt Lauer with pre-show commentary. She was fired from E! a few years ago for being too abrasive. Too bad she was the best thing to happen to them since Seacrest started working 8 shows. It will be fun to watch Matt Lauer turn red at some of her quips. 
Other good news? The show won't be so long. An hour long press conference means less bull. No in memoriam, no stiff accountants, no unintelligible comments from the HFPA. Just the winners. I'll miss the fancy clothes but I won't be stuck in front of the TV all night...unless I want to be. 


0 comments: