Friday, January 11, 2008

American Idol Spawns More Trouble


Oh hell no!

American Idol returns to the airwaves next week but the show has been having the worst PR in the past few weeks. Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks and Katherine McPhee were dropped from their respective recording labels. Ouch! I guess the Soul Patrol gave up when they discovered Taylor Hicks was a poor man's Michael McDonald. 

If that wasn't enough, last season's favorite, Sanjaya, is in talks to star in his own variety show alongside his sister Shyamali. You may remember her from the auditions, she was the cuter, more talented Malakar. But you can be the judge of that. 

If this show and Sanjaya's upcoming album come to fruition I am giving up on humanity. I don't care what the tween girls think, you still suck Sanjaya. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sanjaya's the most talented Idol yet. I'll buy his CD the day it comes out and no, I'm not a tween. He has thousands of fans around the world from 8 to 80.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Sanjaya and Shyamali on a variety show! I'll be watching. And I left my tween years over a decade ago.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to the show and hope negotiations go well. I suppose you'd call me a 'tween' though I'm half a century beyond that but you might be that flexible!

I also sang in a symphony chorus for a decade so I'm probably tonedeaf since I enjoy him, eh?

EC said...

I'll just respond to all of you at once:

I'm glad you're out of tween years and still enjoying mediocre pop music. If anything, it's a sign that the system has failed you. I'm no music elitist. I probably have a few CDs in my collection that would embarrass me to no end if ever brought to light.

But this guy? Really? Maybe I just don't get it. If anyone could help me figure it out, I'd appreciate it. Send me some links, mp3s anything. I just want to see what you see in him.

Thanks for reading and commenting. Have a super day!