Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Golden Girls Scandal!


I watched three episodes of Golden Girls today on a fluke. I don't usually tune in to Lifetime, but something, I don't even remember what, lured me to it. Golden Girls was on before I went to work and a double header came on once I got home. Hot.

I forgot just how wonderfully funny that show was! Blanche was a hussy, Rose was a little slow but good intentioned, Dorothy was old school. My favorite find? Sofia.

We can talk about how funny she is later, but what I think is crazy is how old she is, and by old I mean young.

Estelle Getty was born on July 25, 1923, which makes her 84 years-old. She looked 84 on Golden Girls, so this is not too shocking. More shocking? Bea Arthur, who played Sofia's daughter Dorothy was born on May 13...1922.

WHAAAAA? Yes, Bea Arthur is over a year older than Estelle Getty. This boggles my mind. Thinking about this is like looking at an M.C. Escher painting. I need to lie down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GG comes on at midnight after Frasier ... Sometimes I sit through the theme song before checking out C-SPAN and ESPN (usually in that order, ha!). It's kinda catchy...

Anonymous said...

Whaaaaat!?! That is the craziest thing I've heard in a while! Definitely my *new* random fact for the day.