Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Just Don't Get It: Eli Stone




In-between preposterous acts of Ugly Betty (seriously, poison perfume? What?) there have been several commercials for ABC's new show Eli Stone.

No matter how many times I see the commercial, I just don't understand what the show is about. Watch the promo and see for yourself.

Let me get this straight: He hears George Michael in his head and he changes his life? Is he a prophet? Does he speak to prophets? Will there always be singing and musical guests?

I'm left with more questions than a desire to watch, yet I'm intrigued. From what I can tell, the show is an amalgam of the following programs:

- Joan of Arcadia - Book of Daniel - Viva Laughlin (uh oh!) - Ed

3 out of 4 ain't bad. Eli Stone premieres on January 31st.

0 comments: