Tom Petty's been reminding us all summer that "the waaaaitttting is the hardest part." It's been a long, relatively unfunny summer and I'm ready to welcome The Office back into my life.
Here's some updates to get you ready for season five (Sidenote: who knew they'd make it this far?)
- The New York Times did a really interesting piece on Office writer/producer/actor B.J. Novak. Novak's risen to fame almost as quickly as his character Ryan. Hopefully he won't crash and burn and end up in white collar prison too.
- Just a few weeks back, New York Magazine did an even better story on Ed Helms. Helms and his character may be more complex than meets the eye. And did you know he really did sing acapella in college?
- Jenna Fischer is dating screenwriter Lee Kirk. The two appeared together at the Emmys. This is Fischer's first relationship since her divorce last year. You go girl!
- Amy Ryan is returning to Dunder-Mifflin in her role as Holly Flax, the new HR assistant. She talks about it to Kristin Dos Santos about it here.
- And this just in: John Krasinski has Muppet Arms. The condition is not contagious nor fatal.
Come back tomorrow so we can dish about the premiere!