Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Conversation With My Brother About Desperate Housewives



My brother and I get on gChat and talk about TV occasionally. Here's today's installment on the season premiere of Desperate Housewives. The show is now taking place five years into the future. I add some punctuation, capital letters, and a few items in parentheses so the conversation actually makes sense.



me
: I happened to enjoy Desperate
10:30 AM Chris: Yeah, I guess it got a little better towards the end.
10:31 AM The 5 yr experiment should be interesting, but it should take the show in a new direction.
me: I liked the whole thing. I was kind of sick of some of the old stories and this kind of lets everyone start over.
10:32 AM Chris: Yeah I feel ya. I think they really did it because, babies aren't that interesting. A couple of the women had really young kids--C'mon, how fun is that?
10:33 AM me: Not fun at all. I thought it was interesting that we still didn't really see Susan's kid.He's like 5, she was without him a lot.
Chris: Yeah not until the very end.
LOL...cause she's the worst mom ever.
me: Exactly. And I didn't think Lynette's twins were 11 last season.
Chris: (Still on Susan) ...and doesnt she write KID'S books? NQ.....NOT QUALIFIED, lol.
me: (on the twins) They looked about 9.
10:34 AM And where is their (Lynnette & Tom's) daughter?
10:35 AM Chris: Yeah, I would agree on both fronts about Lynette's kids...I was kinda wondering the same thing. But once again..8th graders are boring. There's a lot you could do with high school kids who are of driving age.
I think they are just trying to maximize story lines.
me: Yeah but they could've made the other son driving age
Chris: Ahhhh, good point.
10:36 AM But he is kind of a nerd right? Maybe he's already at college
me: Well he must be.
If their saying the twins were 11 last year, the older one must've been 12 or 13.
Chris: yep
10:37 AM me: Well either way it was interesting. I like that Edie's husband is a rage-a-holic.
10:38 AM Chris: (Going totally off subject) Oh crap...i just realized i never watched P-Break last night.
Sweet...Bonus DVR today!
me: It was good.
Chris: (Returning to the subject) Yeah, you know they had to have a twist, and with that creepy hair---I figured it was him.


Photo: ABC.com