Friday, September 5, 2008

The Hospital Is Always Greener


I am a huge fan of old school ER. I love the stretch of seasons from 1998 to about 2004. It was action-packed, it was dramatic and I had the chance to learn a lot of medical jargon. Compared to Grey's Anatomy, ER (at least the old stuff) was like a medical text book.

Take for instance this direct quote from a nurse on an old episode of ER I saw a few weeks ago:

" I'm going to change your pad and massage your uterus to firm it up a bit."

Yikes. And this wasn't said to just any patient or a bit character, this was someone important. Can you imagine a nurse firming up Izzy's uterus? They just don't make TV like they used to.

So imagine my surprise and excitement when I hear the news this week that Dr. Mark Greene (played by America's nerd Anthony Edwards) is returning to ER this season. Now I know what you're thinking, "Isn't he dead?" Yes and that episode was beautiful. (I dare you to watch it without crying.) Since ER isn't crazy enough for zombies, Edwards is returning to ER in flashback form for the show's final season.

Regardless of the reason, I'm happy he's back. Hopefully he'll bring some of the spark back from earlier seasons of the show.

Photo: erheadquarters.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that Clooney and Margulies comes back to slum in their old hood.