Saturday, September 20, 2008

Don Draper Would Tell Me I'm Being Childish


So it's no secret that I'm a little into Mad Men. This weekend that love hit a new level of potential fanaticism.

First, I spent sometime researching the title and artist of the MM theme song and downloading a copy. In case you were wondering, it's not an original song for the show. It's a electronic jazz piece called A Beautiful Mine by a group called RJD2. (By the way, that's really hard to say without saying R2D2.)

Anyway, I downloaded the MP3 and went over to Mobile17. If you're not familiar with the site, you can take any MP3 on your computer and make a ringtone 4-40 seconds long...for FREE! Go now. So anyway, I made myself a Mad Men theme song ringtone and now whenever my phone rings I wait a little bit to answer. Sorry if I missed your call today.

My second fanatical moment? I heard Jon Hamm will be hosting SNL in October and I screamed at the top of my lungs. Smoking and slick period costumes combined with Kristen Wiig and other funny folks? Swell news indeed.

Third, I am re-arranging my schedule tomorrow to ensure I can watch the Emmy's live tomorrow evening just so I can see the show continue to make history. I may Live Blog, we'll see if I've got the energy. However, for sure I'll post my Emmy picks tomorrow morning. Expect a lot of 30 Rock and of course...Mad Men.

Photo: http://electricityandlust.wordpress.com

0 comments: