Sunday, September 14, 2008

And I Am Telling Youuuu: J-Hud Can Do Better


News just broke that Oscar winner, Obama darling, Dreamgirl, and former American Idol contestant Jennifer Hudson is engaged to her boyfriend of less than a year, David Otunga. While Otunga may not sound too familiar, maybe the name "Punk" rings a bell. Yep, J-Hud's fiance was a former contestant on I Love New York 2.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's a nice guy and they probably have loads in common considering they're both from Chicago and they've survived reality shows. But with an Academy Award on her mantle, a budding film career and a new album dropping soon, Jennifer Hudson seems poised for stardom and her future hubby well...doesn't.

So let's do our girl a favor and offer up some suggestions for potential mates. Sure she's engaged, but like my man Michael Scott says, "BFD, engaged ain't married."

Here are my three picks for eligible fellas:

  • Kanye West: He's from Chicago too! He may be kind of a short fuse but most genius' are. Pros: He's bright, has great clothes, brilliant artist (possibility for duets?) Cons: He's always on tour, he's an awful blogger and did we mention that short fuse?
  • Jason from The Bachelorette: If dating show rejects are J-Hud's thing, then look no further than Jason. He was left down on one knee on the last season of The Bachelorette. Cue one giant case of the weepies. Pros: Adorable, great dad to that little son of his. Cons: Already committed to serve as next Bachelor...may be committing for his affections with 15 other ladies.
  • My brother Chris: He has ambition, he cooks, he owns a condo, and guess where he was born? Chi-Town! Pros: Marrying someone out of the spotlight could give her a nice repreive. Cons: I would never stop requesting that she sing songs from Dreamgirls.
Anyone else have some good suggestions? What's that Prince William up to? That quarterback for USC was pretty hot yesterday when he trounced Ohio State. Someone fax his number to Hudson's people...stat!

Photo: rap-up.com

2 comments:

Christopher Wayne said...

lol...yes, I would love to marry J-hud.

Unknown said...

Now that I left one comment, I'm addicted.
Firstly, I think they're a perfect match. Yeah the dude was psycho for going on that show, but he also has a hot body and a Harvard Law degree. I think he just doesn't have the ridiculousness radar that most of us possess. As for Jennifer, why do you love her so much? She's a fabulous singer, but a bad actress, who only won an Oscar because she can belt one out, which isn't fair at all. Though I'm probably mostly just bitter that she felt the need to be Carrie's assistant and make Kim Cattrall look like a good actor.
Sorry so long-winded. I'm bored between classes. Love your blog!