Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hump Day Update


It's Wednesday and always there's too much to talk about. How was your hump day everybody?
  • Top Chef finally got rid of my least favorite chef. I won't give it away, but let me just say: I'm glad he's gone mate.

  • David Blaine broke the world record for holding your breath under water after breathing in pure oxygen for 25 minutes. Yes, the record is that specific. Apparently there are two types of records. One where you don't take in the pure oxygen and one where you do. Either way, you get the shakes, your heart goes funny and you look like a dumbass in a giant globe of water on the Oprah set. If SNL were new this week, they'd be having a field day.

  • And in Idol chatter, one of my favorites, Brooke White, went home tonight. She wasn't going to win, but I did like her modesty, sincerity and every other week, her voice.

  • Anyone else see Charlie Gibson fill in on Good Morning America this morning? His stint reminded me just how much I miss him at the desk. They played old clips of him all morning. My favorite was from a few years ago when Sam Champion was just filling in for Spencer Christian one day. The scene went something like this:

Robin: Thank you Sam. And yes America, Sam Champion is his real name.
Charlie: Really, that's your real name? Sam Third Place Finisher just doesn't have the same effect.


Charlie, feel free to come back to GMA anytime...seriously.


0 comments: