Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rob and Big: Retired From Doing Work...Son

So the show that brought you a 400 pound black guy, a lovable bulldog, and a pro-skater hopped up on a little too much redbull, is now over. In the words of Tina Fey...really? I was a little choked up when I heard the news and nothing helps you get over the sadness of losing one of your favorite shows like guest blogging on your sisters entertainment blog.

This show was truly a breath of fresh air from all of the garbage that is spewing out of MTV studios these days. Rob and Big brought smiles to everyone faces and gave us a glimpse at the good life. No, no, no, I'm not talking about living in LA and driving a Denali on 24s. I'm talking about spending every day doing what you love with the your best friends and letting the world get snapshot of what it's like to be you.

Thanks to Rob Dyrdek and Christopher "Big Black" Boykin, my Tuesday nights and the Tuesday nights of countless others were filled with laughter. Their show was real, their shenanigans were hilarious, and the doodoo jokes were plentiful. This is the first MTV show that I will truly miss, but I'm happy that Big Black will be showing his new daughter how to do work...on the playground.

1 comments:

June said...

Well stated, I'm sure that many are saddened by the loss of the show, hold your head high and DO WORK in their honor.