Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why So Serious?

I am back from my self-imposed blogging vacation early to report on some pretty serious news that I just couldn't stay mum about much longer.

  • Christina Applegate has breast cancer. She caught it very early and her chances of recovery are darn near 100% but the fact remains the same. I'm still very young, (despite the near fit I had when midnight struck on my birthday) but Christina Applegate is only 36. These celebrity diagnoses start hitting home as the folks get closer and closer to me in age. Christina Applegate? You mean Sue Ellen Crandall? Kelly Bundy? She's got cancer? It's a tough pill to swallow.
  • And in other "why is everyone getting grave illnesses?" news, Bernie Mac is suffering from pneumonia in Chicago hospital and he is in extremely critical condition. However, his publicist also mentioned that he is responding well to the treatment. I haven't seen much of Bernie Mac recently but his sitcom was original and always good for a few laughs. His shining wit and creativity would be missed.
Let's hope for a speedy recovery for both stars. We can't lose anymore this year.

0 comments: