In case edubTV is your only source of TV news, (my apologies BTW), you may not have heard that there's a new full-time American Idol judge joining Paula, Randy and Simon. Her name is Kara Dioguardi and she's a songwriter by trade and also Senior Vice-President of A&R at Warner Brothers.
According to my favorite speedy research tool Wikipedia, her songs have been recorded by some heavy hitters (Santana, Faith Hill, and Celine Dion) and some not-so-heavy-hitters (Ashlee Simpson! Ouch!)
A lot of thoughts came to mind when I heard the news about the 4th judge. Instead of trying to articulate tonight, I thought I would just give myself 60 seconds to jot down some notes. Piece them together as you wish. And your time starts....now:
- Paula = Pill Popper/ Kara = Not Pill Popper
- How will they sit?
- Will I still be a Randy? Or will I be a Kara?
- Has she been on auditions?
- Is there room for a 4th person behind the table?
- Do you have to get three votes to move on now?
- If Seacrest has to ask one more person what they thought, won't that make the show even longer?
- She looks like Katherine McPhee
- I miss Dunkleman.
Photo: LA Times