Saturday, March 22, 2008

Things I Almost Forgot About: Rock N Jock

I'm watching the Badger game right now. Basketball is kind of hard to watch but it gets a little easier if your team is winning. I digress.

I'm watching the game with my buddy Joe. He's a red-blooded American twenty-something whose never heard of Rock-N-Jock sports, a mainstay on MTV in the 1990s. I was in shock. Who doesn't remember Bill Bellamy, Rebecca Gayheart, Dean Cain and other Z-List celebs hitting the basketball court, baseball field and even the bowling alley.

The competitions were all in good fun and provided hours, and I mean hours, possibly days of content for the then teenage MTV.

I tried hard to find some footage on YouTube but it was near impossible. (Maybe Joe was on to something.) But I did find this clip of Marky Mark performing at the halftime show. The whole thing was quite a spectacle.

0 comments: