Despite being two separate episodes strung together with a title screen, tonight's Desperate Housewives finale still managed to pack a pretty solid wallop of suspense, outlandish mystery, whimsy and humor.
If you haven't had a chance to commit to tonight's epic, it's probably best you bypass the rest of this post. For those of you who tuned in, let's dish.
- Maynard? Not a bad name for a baby...goat that is. They couldn't compromise and make Maynard a middle name? I digress. Regardless, Maynard will end up in the newborn baby mystery spot. If you don't watch a lot of TV, this is where all the newborn babies go when their parents are out having fun and getting into hilarious hijinks. (See: Emma on Friends, Ben on Desperate Housewives, etc.)
- Anyone else glad Kayla's gone? I would be happy if that storyline is just gone forever. Tom can mention her in passing but if she ever finds her way back to Wysteria Lane it will be too soon.
- Katherine's husband Wayne went from zero to batshit nuts in about 40 minutes. At first he was kind of a stereotypical abusive husband character, more intimidation than anything else. Then tonight, he kidnaps, he almost kills, he tortures, he threatens. WTF? Did it seem sudden for anyone else or am I just a poor judge of TV characters?
- And speaking of which - Romanian orphanage? Katherine Mayfair is officially the most desperate of the desperate housewives.
- I missed whether or not Gabby made it out with the duffle of money. Any chance she'll hold on to it?
- And what are our thoughts on the 5 year jump? We knew it was coming. Do you think it's here to stay? Are you happy with how everyone's making out? Why are Gabby's kids so unfortunate looking? Or was that the messy make-up? Need to see it again to believe what you just saw?