Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Future Is Safe: Steve Carell Stays With The Office


Steve Carell signed on for three-more years of The Office. Let's talk about the implications of this:

  • I love the show, so this is great news. Dunder-Mifflin wouldn't work without Michael Scott.
  • Even with a solid movie career (Dan In Real Life? Really buddy?) Carell is sticking by his bread and butter. See Katherine Heigl? That's class.
  • Again, don't get me wrong, I love this show. But three more years? NBC already ordered 30 episodes next year. If that format works, they're going to do it again. I just don't think there's room in my heart for what could be 90+ hours of The Office. I want it to stay fresh and fun. I just don't know if they can keep up that pace for three more years.
Any thoughts people? I want this to work, but a little part of me is really hesitant. Maybe the spin-off will open up a lot of comic opportunities and new storylines for the original cast too.

0 comments: