Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cleveland Rocks!


I watched the trailer for the new Family Guy spin-off The Cleveland Show this afternoon. You can take a peak as well right here.

I can't really tell which characters are real and which were just Family Guy inspired jokes. Will Cleveland really live next door to a family of bears? Am I an idiot for asking? Am I supposed to understand how the Seth McFarland universe works or just accept it?

But you know what saved the whole thing? The little ditty Cleveland sang at the end. I don't know if it's the theme song, but if anything from this ridiculous trailer gets kept, that's it.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I will root for this show because:

1. That damn song is so catchy.
2. I always liked Cleveland.
3. I support shows with strong minority leads. If I have to take them animated form, then so be it.

0 comments: