Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Leave The L Word Alone


I love The L Word. It's a well-written television show that focuses on women. Gay or straight, it's about time somebody took a look at our perspective without all of the crying. I was sad to hear the show will have it's final season in 2009, but at the same time I understand that six seasons is a long run for any show, and the longest run for a Showtime program.

Now, I may have to choke a bitch.

First, I hear a rumor today that Elizabeth Berkley has a multiple episode arc next seaosn. THIS Elizabeth Berkley. She will play the straight girl that got away from Bette in her college days.

If that wasn't unfortunate enough, apparently Showtime has an L Word spin-off in the works.

Let my show have a graceful and meaningful death. It lived a long and full life and in this case, I don't think a brand new work-up will do it any further justice. It's like burying someone in a novelty casket...a novelty casket with advertising that makes you a boatload of money. Maybe something like this.

Do you want that on your conscience Showtime? Then let the L Word die with dignity.

0 comments: