Friday, July 18, 2008

Emmy Nominations! Finally!

So there's a lot to say about the Emmy nominees and I may not be able to get it all in this post.

First, if you take a quick look at the list (which is impossible by the way, there are a lot of categories) you'll discover a few shows/actors/etc that were really surprising. Best Week Ever took a look at some of the shocking inclusions but I made a list of my own.

-Take a look at this list of Emmy nominees: Canterbury's Law, Disney Phineas And Ferb, Kid Nation, Pirate Master, Saving Grace. Please note that the list includes Pirate Master and one of my favorite shows of all time, Kid Nation. Can you guess what category this is? Outstanding shows no one watched? Worst shows ever according to the NY Times Arts section/the rest of society? Nope? Outstanding Original Main Title Music. I know! Who knew? If Kid Nation wins an Emmy...in anything, it will be the best day ever.

-John Adams smoked every single mini-series category. The HBO miniseries earned a mind boggling 23 noms. 23. Expect to hear their patriotic theme a million times on show night.

-Tina Fey and the rest of the 30 Rock gang scored 17 nominations, granted four of those are in one category (Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy Series). This show still doesn't get enough love. I think the only way people will watch it is if it can sweep the comedy, actress in a comedy series, and actor in a comedy series. The thing is, I think it can and will.

-Bryan Cranston got nominated for his superb work on Breaking Bad. My roommates hated this show and to them I say, " I told you so."

Other than Two and a Half nomination (seriously?) the list is pretty much exactly as I'd hoped. You can read the whole thing right here. Despite the strike, it looks like it's going to be an excellent awards season.

0 comments: