Saturday, July 19, 2008

Who Wants To Be A Phone-A-Friend?


As some of you know, I am in the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire contestant pool. This means that at any moment in time the good folks at WWTBAM can call me up and tell me I'm on the show.

I've been in the pool for two years now and the initial anticipation of that call has worn off. I hadn't thought about the show in ages but yesterday I got an e-mail.

"...You should begin to prepare yourself for the possibility of being a Contestant by gathering photos either electronically or physically of the people you would like to serve as your Phone-A-Friend."

This e-mail could mean positively nothing but it got me thinking; what goes into making a good phone-a-friend. Do I need to go outside of my friend circle and seek experts? Or do I stick with my more qualified friends since they're trustworthy and internet savvy?

And then there's the issue of categories. My trivia base covers TV (duh), recent movies, song lyrics, current events and throwaway facts. This means I need to cover religion, history, science, sports, literature, old movies and general trivia between my five Phone-A-Friends. It's like a mind-boggling Sudoku puzzle; I just can't get the pieces to fit.

Lucky for me, I don't really have to...yet.


Photo: http://david23q.tripod.com/

3 comments:

Ted Glomski said...

Feel free to phone me. I have history, science, and general trivia pretty well.

Anonymous said...

You know you want me, Canty.

I can cover American History, some World History, some Classics, U.S. Politics/Government, World/U.S. Geography, English Literature.

I'm sending you a headshot gift bag (w/ confetti and bubbles) soon.

Christopher Wayne said...

Can I be one...."what semi-pro football team has its roots in Madison....ummmm, let me call my brother on this one?